Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thing #10- Virtual Worlds

I am so frustrated with Second Life! And I'm disappointed in myself because I've heard how cool it is. I think I need to take a break and relax, and then I'll give it another try later.

I managed to customize my avatar and to dress her. That took forever, but it was fun. However, I somehow made myself bald and couldn't get my hair back. It only got worse from there. Then, while trying to undo my baldness, I somehow took off all my clothes! Ooops! And while trying to put my clothes back on, I mysteriously managed to make my view of my avatar appear as a white fog. Others could see me (and my nakedness!), but all I could see was a white fog. Who knew you could feel embarrassed in a virtual world?!

I did manage to transport, fly, run, sit, and have a few short conversations with the people standing near me. I tried to explore Campus 3D, but I was a bit preoccupied without clothes or hair, so I'm taking a break. Frustrating!

I'm not sure how I would use this in the classroom. Apparently, I have a lot of learning before I'll teach my students.

I'm going to take a break, calm down, and I'll try again tomorrow. :)

No comments: