Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thing #4- Posting to YouTube or TeacherTube




I uploaded a video of my friend trying to sled in Breckenridge. She was having such a difficult time, so the rest of us girls thought it was hysterical. Poor Becca! 

I think it would be awesome for students to upload their student-made videos online. It seems like students would take the assignment more seriously. And, of course, it would clarify the importance of knowing your audience. Plus, it would be so exciting!

My only concern would be for their privacy. According to the privacy option, only 25 viewers could watch the video. I’m not sure if students would continue to take the project as seriously if they knew their viewers were capped. On the other hand, it seems like a huge liability to have the student’s face on camera. Last year, I took a video of my students performing some of Shakespeare’s plays in a student-written, student-produced, student-performed masterpiece. I played it back so they could see themselves, but again, I wasn’t comfortable uploading it because of privacy. Hmmmm…I wish someone would just give me the specifics of privacy rules and such.

No comments: