Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thing #11.5- Evalutation

1. My favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey were Wordle, Animoto, Facebook, backchanneling, Hulu, and 280 Slides. I guess that's a long list! I really thought that 11.5 Things was a lot of fun and I learned so many new programs that I can't wait to use with my students. In fact, I think I got a lot more out of 11.5 Things than I did out of 23 Things. These sites and programs were more my style. :)

2. These programs have encouraged me and given me the confidence to continue learning and attempting to keep up with advancing technology. Programs like Second Life were frustrating for me, but I know that when I go back and give it another try, I'll hopefully be able to keep up (and put on some clothes!). I'm always amazed by what my students know, so hopefully I can continue to keep up with their thirst for technology.

3. I was surprised by Second Life. However, my frustrations were at their worst, so I was too impatient to deal with clothing. I certainly wasn't expecting to lose my clothes though! On the other hand, I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to make a screencast. It's a program that looks difficult, and although it was late at night and I was having technical difficulties, it was actually really quick and easy. Who knew!

4. Honestly, I loved 11.5 Things. Maybe I just had a better idea of what to expect. Or maybe the programs were better. Either way though, I got more out of 11.5 Things than I did out of 23 Things. My only suggestion would be to have a buddy system or a mentor to go to with help on Second Life. I needed some one-on-one help with that one! Otherwise, I loved everything. Thank you for this awesome experience!

No comments: