Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thing #12: Creating Community Through Commenting

Before commenting:

I found the tips for commenting pretty helpful. Particularly, I agree that it's important to write a meaningful comment, not just "I agree" or "Cool." A meaningful comment actually matters, but some other comments seem pointless.

The other piece of advice that I found helpful is not to be afraid of commenting. I haven't left any comments yet, and I am somewhat nervous about writing on someone else's blog. Logically, this seems ridiculous. However, I can't help how I feel. I like receiving comments though, so I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that others will like it as well.


After commenting:

Surprisingly, I really enjoyed commenting on other people's blogs. Hmmm...I guess I have a lot to say. ;) And besides that, I liked to read what's others were saying. Besides commenting on people's blogs in the Learn2Play community, I commented on two other blogs about Cinque Terre, Italy. I'm getting exciting about my upcoming trip, and it was fun to see what other people were saying. I guess it's pretty common to write a blog as you're traveling, and these blogs were posted within the past few days.

2 comments:

bookeatersclub said...

I have been a reluctant to comment on various blogs as well, BUT some of the responses have been fun and led me in directions that I would not have otherwise found.

Anonymous said...

This etiquette of trite commenting applies also to editing someone's writing.
I teach my students not to just put "sucks" or "good" when making comments, so I need to keep that same mind-set when I am commenting on blogs.
I bit the bullet and commented on one of our learning blogs--blue skunk--I hope I didn't sound like an idiot!