Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thing #8: RSS Feed

I really appreciate that RSS and newsreader will allow me to keep up with the news (and gossip) quickly. When I'm busy with school and my personal life, I don't always have time to stay as up-to-date as I'd like. Now I can keep up with the news in a hurry. I will definitely use this technology to stay posted on the news. I can also add blogs about books for young adults to stay current on the books for my students. Additionally, libraries can also subscribe to blogs about books for young adults. This way, libraries can keep up with the current, popular books to keep the students excited about going to the library.

1 comment:

bookeatersclub said...

I'm catching up on all the Library2Play blogs after being away from a computer and internet for two weeks. Whew...

From reading your blog its easy to tell that you are finding your way in this process and that you cansee how to use the different resources in your classroom.

RSS can be a bit overwhelming with all the information that can come to you so easily. You will find ways to modify it for your own use as you get more comfortable with it.